This was hands down one of the most delicious smoothie bowls I have ever made. It is thick and creamy and tastes like your favorite slice of carrot cake! Also gluten free and vegan!
You will need:
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used Silk Unsweetened Organic Soy)
- 1 sliced and frozen banana
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 pitted and soaked medjool date
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 30g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp Organic Burst maca powder
- 2 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until everything is smooth. Add a little cold water or more milk if the smoothie is too thick. Pour into a bowl and top with shredded coconut and cacao nibs, or just slurp it down as it is!